500 employees - a milestone celebrated with charity
DIS/CREADIS have reached 500 employees – a milestone celebrated with an act of charity.
DIS/CREADIS have reached 500 employees worldwide, a milestone we have marked in a special way. At DIS/CREADIS we wish to contribute to society, both locally and globally and therefore we engage in several charitable initiatives throughout the year.
- We are very proud of the positive development we have been through in recent years. When we reached 200 employees, it was celebrated by donating 200 starter packs for start-up businesses in third world countries. Now that we have reached employee number 500, we have chosen to celebrate it with another charity project, says Michael Gadeberg, Director and Partner at DIS/CREADIS.
For the charity project marking employee number 500, all DIS/CREADIS employees were given the opportunity to nominate a company or an organization that works for a charitable cause, and who the employee believes deserve extra support in the form of a donation of DKK 37,300 / złoty 21,400 from DIS/CREADIS.
Due to the many nominations received, the five charitable causes were found by draw:
• Danish Red Cross Youth: Weekend camps for children from under-privileged homes in Denmark
• The Danish Family Planning Association (DFPA): A tuk-tuk ambulance in Kenya
• The Danish Alzheimer Association: Research projects in Denmark
• Heart & Soul: Support for children from under-privileged families in Denmark
• Kindergarten number 100 in Kraków, Poland
The employees who nominated the winning charities have personally handed over the donations to the recipients:
Danish Red Cross Youth
- We are extremely happy that DIS has chosen to support the work of Danish Red Cross Youth. It means a lot that a company invests in creating communities for children and youngsters who really need them. The donation will be used for weekend camps for children and youngsters who need a refuge during hard times. They will be encouraged, have wild experiences and make an abundance of friendships. We create changes and memories that go well beyond the weekend spent with us. At the camps they will meet fantastic volunteers, who will care for them, show compassion and give them nice surprises. Thank you DIS and DIS employees for making this possible, says Tomas Hemmer-Hansen, Head of Communities and Mentoring in Danish Red Cross Youth.
Photo: Danish Red Cross Youth
Kindergarten number 100 in Kraków, Poland
Photo: Kindergarten number 100 in Kraków, Poland
The Danish Alzheimer Association
- There is no cure for Alzheimer’s disease or other related dementia diseases. But there is hope and hope is found in research. The Alzheimer Association is incredibly grateful that DIS has chosen to donate DKK 37,300 to support the important research in dementia diseases, says Klavs Lunding Sørensen from the Alzheimer Association.
Photo: The Danish Alzheimer Association
Heart & Soul
- Heart & Soul is run by volunteers, where all profits from retail sales go to vulnerable children. We are very grateful for the donation we have received from DIS. It allows us to reach even further with the much-needed help, says Lene Kristensen from Heart & Soul.
Photo: Heart & Soul
The Danish Family Planning Association (DFPA)
- Here at DFPA, we were very happy to receive the donation from DIS, which has been used for a new tuk-tuk ambulance in Kenya. The lack of transportation to hospitals and health centers is one of the main reasons why women do not see midwives or receive maternity care. It is of great importance especially to the very young women who are at greater risk of pregnancy and childbirth complications, and without help it often costs life. Therefore, it is crucial to ensure that women can give birth in proper and secure surroundings. The donation from DIS and the new tuk-tuk ambulance means that many more mothers and babies will survive, says Jacqueline Bryld, International head of DFPA.
Photo: The Danish Family Planning Association
The DIS/CREADIS tuk-tuk ambulance drives around in the Homa Bay region in Kenya.
Photo: Sex & Samfund