Supporting customer with resources to perform computations of aerodynamic loads using Blade Element Momentum theory or advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics modelling. Experience with blade design and optimisation:
• Setup either BEM or (U)RANS CFD computations.
• Execute multi-parametric studies for blade optimisation towards given goal (load reduction, AEP increase etc.)
• Execute extensive runs for DLC verification and certification.
• Evaluate aerodynamic loads at a hub, blade bearing, or another component.
• Preparation of documentation for certification
• Setting-up complex aerodynamic or coupled aero-structural models for a wind turbine.
• Performing multiple load case calculations in parallel
• Creating large parametric sweeps and establishing parameter-load dependencies for fast rotor optimization
• Preparing comprehensive documentations to be accepted by certifying body
Tools and Processes
• Commercial or research solvers based on BEM theory (FAST, HAWC2, HAWCStab2, DIS-BEM).
• ANSYS Workbench and ANSYS Fluent for CFD modelling.
• MATLAB for post processing and analysis
• Beam models for structural dynamics
• CREADIS’ proprietary methodology and experience generates quick and efficient modeling up to the highest quality standards
• CREADIS utilizes a global team to setup and run multiple parallel models and load cases to generate maximum results.