The ability to manage projects well is a strategic priority for most companies and organizations. Traditionally DIS run well-executed projects and have highly skilled project managers. Nevertheless, skills must be improved from time to time, therefore DIS took their own medicine and tested their project managers in a ProjectBooster.
DIS ProjectBooster is a conceptual simulation where people, systems and structures can be challenged, trained and analyzed. The DIS concept has been used in several contexts, from global implementation of IT and processes to product development and organizational analysis.
Providing the best executed projects and having the very best project managers is a core focus at DIS and among other this is ensured by using the DIS project model, DISway. DISway must be known inside out by both project managers and internal project owners.
Therefore, over the course of two days, 60 project managers and owners were tested, challenged and trained in an artificial yet realistic situation, where surprises and risks were just around each corner.
DISway was the base for processes and continuous execution of tasks that the six project groups and two steering groups had to handle, ranging from contract negotiation over alignment with the customer for delivery. The final product was a requirement specific crane built with Bilofix® so even the toughest engineering skills were challenged in the game. Weaknesses were identified and the development potential was strengthened – all while having fun.
DIS has a constant focus on improvements, and the booster identified several adjustments to be made in relation to processes and tools and gave even the most experienced project managers and project owners significant revelations on management, roles and responsibilities, interdisciplinary cooperation and customer-minded business knowledge.
• Ensures project readiness and startup
• Provides high level of preparation and minimizes risks
• Upgrades the individual project participant with new knowledge and behavior
• Aligns language, understandings, methods and work processes
• Increases cooperation and productivity across departments
• Visualizes and optimizes new or existing processes – cross functionally
• Creates personal and prioritized skills improvement plans
• Internal strengthening or optimization of relations, communication and culture
• Insight to future challenges
The specific purpose of ProjectBooster
• Training teams in the use of methods, processes and systems
• Preparation of project start-up – high performance from day one
• Identification of interface conflicts
• Analysis of operational and cooperation problems
• Organizational development and change management
• Increase in project execution capacity (SoW, time, cost, quality)
Do you have the courage to test your organization in a ProjectBooster session? DIS did and became even better.
Contact us if you would like to learn more about DIS ProjectBooster.